In today’s day and age, social media platforms have become a healthy ground for digital marketing. It has been an equally strong method of marketing, with many advantages:
- Allowing brands to easily track the interesting audience using insights
- Know their followership country
- Building a stronger bond with their customers.
That being said, 2018 has been a great digital marketing year with many interesting and out of the box campaigns that definitely left a mark. Consequently, digital marketing now has a leading position on the map. It is expected that it will become more and more significant by 2019.
Let’s take a look at 2 key events in 2018: –
- IHOB – One of the most creative activations in 2018 was the IHOP incident (or should we say IHOb!). The International House of Pancakes (IHOP) changed their name to IHOb and then later announced that it was fake to create a buzz and promote their new line of burgers. As a result of this sudden announcement, people were curious and reacted positively to the campaign, trying to find out what the change from ‘P’ to ‘b’ could possibly mean. Moreover, they came up with even more creative ideas about it. This caused a 6.77% increase in their mentions.
- Redbull- Their goal was to increase awareness of the extension of the brand . Their Instagram campaign was based on boosting awareness and sales of their tropical flavored “Summer Edition” energy drink for the Australian market. They paved the way for their actual campaign with a promotional teaser just before the summer hit. To get audiences focused on the new look of the cans, they incorporated yellow filters across a range of images and videos portraying typical summer days. The brand was twice as likely to be associated with the #thissummer hashtag trend as any of its nearest competitors.
There’s a massive market for campaigns launched on social media sites, and the power Instagram can create exceptional engagement.
All in all, social media campaigns have become an essential tool to increase brand awareness. Many businesses also use social media to attract new customers, as well as increase customer loyalty. Its importance lies in the fact that it is one of the fastest growing industries nowadays, and the best way to increase brand visibility.